Friday, August 21, 2009

My New Home


I like my new home a lot. I was never comfortable in my old , dirty and muddy outside kennel. Mama told me the first day that bathroom for me is outside and I remembered right away. She started to take me outside for regular potty breaks 5 times a day, but I really needed to go out only 4 times. I don’t have to be nervous and worry about how long I need to “hold it”. I know the potty break will come for me on time.
On my first day in the new home, mama walked around the entire house with me and let me smell everything. It was great; I could learn and remember everything about my new house. Then for 3-4 days mama kept me close by her on the leash through the entire day. I thought, gee, she really needs me to protect her… It was kind of cool to be her shadow. Later she took off the leash and let me run around the house. At 3 ½ I way passed the chewing phase and had no interest in destroying slippers. I learned the boundaries quick: can’t lie on the couch, but that’s ok. There are other comfy places I can lounge on.
I always thought I belonged in a real house. My wish finally came true! My coat is finally clean and shiny and I’m never cold or hungry. Mama takes me for walks every day and sometimes for car rides. I especially like the car rides. I can look out the window and catch the air with all different smells, greet other dogs and people or just kick back and enjoy the views.
I have few beds in different rooms but at night I sleep on mama’s bed. I warm up her spot before she comes in and then I curl up beside her. That is my favorite part of the day.
-LBD

6 comments:

  1. Lucky Dog you are!! Well deserved after the life you had! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, congratulations, LBD! You are so cute, and it sounds like you are really making the most of your great new opportunities! Not everyone knows to appreciate us LBDs, but there's plenty to appreciate. (Okay, maybe I'm an MBD...)
    -Johnny Cash, the dog in black

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi pitbull friend,
    Thanks a lot for visiting!! I'm a pitbull friend too! -LBD

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done, well done, little black dog! when we adopted Riley he had been in a not-very-nice home, too. he was four months old and skittish. but he only had two accidents, ever, in the house. one the first day, when he disappeared into the basement and then came back up, whistling, with a newspaper under his arm, and once at the top of the stairs a day or two later. never since, and he's been with us seven years now.

    all the best to you in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laurie,
    Welcome!! Thanks a lot for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Yes, with good guidance dogs can behave well.
    I bet the newspaper under Riley's arm gave it away... looking just a bit too casual...
    -LBD

    ReplyDelete
  6. You finally have the life you deserve. We enjoyed reading about you. So sorry about Little Princess. The Gang @ Dog Blog for Five Dogs

    ReplyDelete