Thursday, August 20, 2009

Little Princess

So, I came to live with my new mama and her family. When I first came in mama already had another dog – a small Beagle princess. She was the lady of the house, anyone could tell. She was also very sick. For over 4 years she was battling cancer. She had 2 surgeries and many doctor’s visits but she didn’t seem to get better. Her life was filled with pain and discomfort. Mama was very sad many times, because she couldn’t find the way to help her little princess. Then there was that one day last spring that mama took the little princess to the doctor but later came back without her. Mama was very sad for many days and she was crying a lot. She told me that little princess went to doggy heaven, that she is no longer in pain, and that she will be playing every day with Rex and Brittany who were in doggy heaven already. Mama told me that all dogs in doggy heaven are young again, strong and happy to play together with other dogs. Hmm, I think I’d rather play with mama… I miss little princess though… She didn’t seem to care too much about me when I first came, but she taught me how to behave in the house. For most of my life I lived in the small outdoor kennel, so house manners were unknown to me. I miss little princess, she was a good friend…

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found a new mama, a new home and a new friend. Sorry for the loss of the little princess.

    ReplyDelete